The Counselling Service is impartial, confidential, non-judgmental and available to all current students of the University at no cost. We work closely with the Mental Health Service which you may also find useful if you are considering counselling.
We’re here to help you realise your unique potential and get the most out of your studies and university life. We try to respond sensitively to the effects that challenging circumstances can have on individuals. We will help you to explore your situation and make appropriate choices.
What you can expect
- Counsellors and staff who will treat you with respect and put your needs and interests first.
- A Counselling Service that conforms to the Ethical Framework for Good Practice of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- A Counselling Service that operates within a specific Confidentiality Code which is discussed with you at your first appointment.
- Follow-up appointments and/or referral to other agencies as appropriate.
- If you have any problems regarding access to the Service or have any physical impairment, we will try to make other arrangements that are suitable for you.
Appointments with the Counselling Service
Please see Counselling Appointments.