We’re here to help you realise your unique potential and get the most out of your studies and university life. We respond sensitively to the effects that challenging circumstances can have on individuals. We offer non-judgemental, confidential, professional support to explore your situation and make appropriate choices, as well as promoting an understanding of psychological and emotional well-being throughout the university.
What you can expect
- Counsellors and staff who will treat you with respect and put your needs and interests first.
- A Counselling Service that conforms to the Ethical Framework for Good Practice of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- A Counselling Service that operates within a specific Confidentiality Code which is discussed with you at your first appointment.
- Information about you will be treated as strictly confidential within our Confidentiality Code.
- Follow-up appointments and/or referral to other agencies as appropriate.
- If you have any problems regarding access to the Service or have any physical impairment, we will try to make other arrangements that are suitable for you.